One Rifle: an extraordinary rifle designed to accomplish multiple configurations of calibers and barrel lengths without compromising any areas of performance, reliability, safety or accuracy. History of the “One Rifle” begins in 1920 and ends with FoldAR leaping far beyond the “One Rifle” concept in 2023.
One Rifle to Rule Them All: an exceedingly extraordinary rifle, having all the advantages of the “One Rifle”, but also including the ability to conceal inside an EDC backpack, remain fully assembled, and be deployed within seconds.
FoldAR MoBetta Base Firearm:
Rifle Weapons Kit: you must add one 16″ Barrel System. We do not allow two 16″ add-on barrels, as the third will not fit within the case. When a Rifle is selected as the base firearm, you may not select any add-on Barrel Systems that are <16″. According to ATF rules, a Rifle firearm cannot swap back and forth between being a Pistol and a Rifle. In this case, select a pistol model first as the base firearm.
Pistol Weapons Kit: You must add one or two add-on Barrel Systems to include any combination of 16″ or <16″ Barrel Systems.
First Add-On Barrel System:
If a Rifle was selected as the base firearm, you must add a 16″ Barrel System.
If a Pistol was selected as the base firearm, you must add a 16″ or <16″ Barrel System.
Second Add-On Barrel System:
When a Pistol is selected as the base firearm, you may optionally add a second 16″ or <16″ Barrel System.
Condition 1 Transport Case:
Your case is custom designed to fit a FoldAR firearm and two additional Barrel Systems, including space cutouts for: a suppressor, EOTech sight [or similar], mounted bipod, QD mounted rifle scope, extra stock, and extra BCG.
Barrel Selection Guidelines:
- 9.0″ – Our most popular among operators because of its ability to remain suppressed while maintaining concealability within a small 16″ EDC sling-pack. Combined with a collapsed stock or pistol brace and a compact suppressor (6″), our 9.0″ barrel allows the weapon system to fold in half, at 14.75″.
- 10.5″ – Custom Order Request. We have not pursued this intermediate short barrel length because it offers no ballistic or concealment advantages over the 12.5″ barrel, as both will still fold down to 14.75″. However, for some operators and requirements there may be a slight ballistic and concealment benefit in a 10.5″ that rests between our 9.0″ and 12.5″ configurations.
- 12.5″ – Our second most popular among operators because of its mid-range capability while maintaining concealability within a small 16″ EDC sling-pack. Combined with a collapsed stock or pistol brace, our 12.5″ barrel allows the weapon system to fold in half, at 14.75″. It should be noted, this setup can still squeeze into most 18″ EDC packs when a compact suppressor is installed (6″). If having a suppressor that remains attached is not your priority, then our 16.0″ barrels will deliver the highest ballistic performance per container volume.
- 14.5″ – Custom Order Request. We have not pursued this intermediate barrel length because the concealment benefit over our 16.0″ is not significant. However, for some operators and requirements there may be a slight ballistic and concealment benefit in a 14.5″ that rests between our 12.5″ and 16.0″ configurations.
- 16.0″ – Our most popular among civilians, marksmen and hunters because of its Always-Non-NFA legal status and its capabilities of performing at distance with precision. Combined with a collapsed stock, our 16.0″ barrel allows the weapon system to fold slightly over half, at 17.75″. If a full-length fixed rifle stock was attached, it would fold in half, also at 17.75″.
Caliber Selection Guidelines:
- 5.56×45 NATO – We chamber and identify our barrel as .223 Wylde, as the best chamber design to safely and precisely accept a variety of both .223 Remington and 5.56×45 NATO ammunition. Choose this caliber for the widest availability of affordable ammunition for training to precision hunting.
- .300 AAC Blackout – Choose 300BLK for its wide spectrum of performance in delivered energy and suppression.
- 6.5 Grendel – Choose 6.5 Grendel for its stability and higher energy delivery and at distance.