FoldAR firearms, with their unique folding barrel design and versatile features, are a revolution in the AR platform. To ensure the optimal performance and longevity of these impressive firearms, proper care and maintenance are crucial. In this post, we provide practical advice on how to maintain your FoldAR firearm for long-term reliability and performance.
Understanding Your FoldAR Firearm
Before delving into maintenance practices, it’s important to understand the unique aspects of your FoldAR firearm. FoldAR firearms, such as the FoldAR MoBetta® CCR-A, feature a quick change barrel system and a secure barrel connection. They are designed for easy disassembly and reassembly, which makes maintenance a relatively straightforward process. But as with any firearm, regular cleaning and proper handling are key to ensuring its reliability and accuracy.
Regular cleaning is essential for any firearm, and FoldAR models are no exception. After each use, make sure to clean your firearm to remove any residue and prevent potential issues down the line.
- Barrel Cleaning: Given the quick-change nature of FoldAR’s barrel system, cleaning the barrel is easy. Use a cleaning rod with a patch soaked in solvent to clean the inside of the barrel. Run the patch through the barrel several times until it comes out clean. Then, use a dry patch to remove any remaining solvent.
- Bolt Carrier Group Cleaning: The bolt carrier group (BCG) is a critical part of your firearm. To clean it, disassemble the BCG and clean each part using a nylon brush and solvent. Make sure to clean the bolt face and the interior of the bolt carrier.
- Upper and Lower Receiver Cleaning: Clean the upper and lower receivers using a nylon brush and solvent. Make sure to clean the areas around the bolt catch, the magazine well, and the trigger assembly.
After cleaning your FoldAR firearm, proper lubrication is important. A well-lubricated firearm functions smoothly and is less prone to wear and tear.
- Barrel Lubrication: Apply a thin coat of gun oil to the inside of the barrel using a patch. This helps protect the barrel from rust.
- Bolt Carrier Group Lubrication: Apply a thin layer of lubricant to the bolt carrier, paying special attention to the gas rings and the bolt cam pin.
- Upper and Lower Receiver Lubrication: Apply a thin layer of lubricant to the interior of the upper receiver, especially around the bolt carrier rails. For the lower receiver, apply a small amount of lubricant to the trigger assembly.
Proper storage is also crucial for maintaining your FoldAR firearm. Store your firearm in a dry, cool place, away from direct sunlight. If your FoldAR firearm came with a concealed carry backpack, it’s advisable to store the firearm in it for added protection.
Regularly inspect your FoldAR firearm for signs of wear and tear. Pay attention to the barrel, bolt carrier group, and trigger assembly. If you notice anything unusual, it’s advisable to have your firearm inspected by a professional.
Proper maintenance of your FoldAR firearm ensures its longevity, reliability, and performance. By following these tips and best practices, you can enjoy the innovative features and outstanding performance of your FoldAR firearm for many years to come. Remember, a well-maintained firearm is a reliable firearm. So, take the time to care for your FoldAR firearm—it’s worth it.